Murray Lake

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

jasonvkop

Murray Lake

Post by jasonvkop » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:20 pm

Went out to murray lake yesturday with 3 other guys and did pretty well. Caught 5 muskies total, missed another on a figure 8. Our biggest was 38" and we also got fat 37" northern. Had 15 other follows with 4 or 5 of them being 40"+. Also, while my father was bass fishing, he had a nice 40" musky attack and grab onto a hooked 15" bass. the musky held on for 30 seconds or so and then let go and swam away. We talked to another guy who was by himself and he had caught 3 and had about 5 follows after about 4 hours of fishing. How was everyone elses day yesturday?

You can see the fish at http://community.webshots.com/user/dockboylures
The Musky Bandit strikes again!

scoot

Post by scoot » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:22 am

Congrats on the fish. Were ya castin or trollin? Lookin to head to Murray sometime this week, havent been there in about a month. Were the fish pretty deep or just hangin on the edges?
"what was full was not my creel, but my memmory"-Aldo Leopold, 'A Sand County Almanac'

jasonvkop

thanks

Post by jasonvkop » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:55 am

we were casting for the whole day, mainly jerkbaits and twitchbaits. The fish were a little off the edge, but not too deep. The bigger ones were off the edge more, while the smaller ones were either right on the edge or up in the shallower weeds.
The Musky Bandit strikes again!

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:06 pm

We're pretty fortunate to have lakes like Murray that have been created and maintained by MMA and our Michigan/Iowa program.

Sure is nice to know Michigan Muskie Alliance has made a difference for muskie anglers in Michigan.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.