Hi

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

skegmonster19

Hi

Post by skegmonster19 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi,

My name is Jim Heegeman. I'm planning to be a new member soon. I'm up here in Mancelona,moved here from wisconsin a few years ago, and wondering how many other members are up in this part of the state. I see very few other muskie fisherman on skegemog. It would be nice to meet someone around here that isn't hostle to muskies.

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:15 pm

Jim, I'm down in the LP, but glad to see another fellow Cheesehead. You'll find this is a great bunch of guy's. There's no one hostile to Muskies in this bunch. Steve

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi Jim-

I am probably the closest club member to you as I am in Mesick. I think we may have one or two in TC but not completely sure. We are having an outing on the Intermediate Chain the first weekend in May, that would be a great opportunity for you to meet a whole bunch of us at once.

Kevin

PS if it is easier for you you can sign up online through Whitecaps Tackle, they are great friends of MMA.
If I wasn't born to fish then why am I here?

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:02 pm

Geez; I guess I don't get around much... I had to look up Mancelona, and Mesick! 'Course, I've only lived in Michigan for about 19 years. [smilie=ballchain.gif] :oops:

Welcome, Jim. I'm new around here, too. I plan on getting up to Skegemog sometime this year.... I find it surprising you don't see many muskie fisherpeople up there! I thought that was one of the "busier" muskie lakes.
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

elk_n_esox_baby

Hi

Post by elk_n_esox_baby » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:00 pm

Hostile to muskies? Do they shout curses at them, when they swim by?

"Hey you dirty rotten toothy F^&#ing musky!"
Lets save this planet!

skegmonster19

Post by skegmonster19 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Close, but they usually add that the muskies eat their favorite species

red lund

Post by red lund » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:41 am

Jim,

I'm not currently a member of Muskies Inc. (maybe soon), but I live in Central Lake and fish for muskies on occasion. I rarely see people on the lower Antrim chain, but there are definitely some die-hard local muskie anglers.

I fish the upper chain more, but also come down to the lower chain once in a while.