Lake Ovid Reminder and Roll Call

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Scrappy

Lake Ovid Reminder and Roll Call

Post by Scrappy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:38 pm

We are just about a month out from the May 31st outing at Lake Ovid. Since Bomba and I are supplying the food we want to try to get a handle on how much to buy. Accordingly, could you please reply to this post if you plan to attend and let me know how many will be in your group? Below is more info on the outing. Look forward to a big showing and a fun time. See you May 31st.

[smilie=2thumbsup.gif]

The Lake Ovid (Sleepy Hollow State Park located in Clinton Co.) outing is set for Saturday, May 31st (the Saturday after Memorial Day). Please remember that Lake Ovid is a no wake lake and you will need a State Park sticker for your vehicle or you will need to pay the daily fee to enter the park/launch your rig. I note that the State Park Sticker is different from the DNR Launch Sticker. The plan is to have folks show up as early or as late as they want to fish and we will all just meet for lunch at 1:00 pm. MMA has reserved the North Beach Picnic Shelter for the entire day so we will meet there for lunch. The North Beach shelter is the shelter on the north end of the main, sandy beach at the far N.E. corner of the lake. I believe there is plenty of sand shore line north of the swim area for us to pull our boats up to for lunch if you are not going to pull your rig out and drive around to the beach in advance. Scott Scarpelli and Don Bomba are hosting the event and will be supplying burgers, brats, chips and soft drinks for lunch. In return we are asking everyone who shows up for the event to donate a new or used lure which we will auction off during lunch, all proceeds from the raffle going to MMA. This event is open to everyone so bring some non-MMA members along to meet the crew and hopefully generate us some new members. I note that at the April monthly MMA meeting Duke Lebaron will be giving a seminar on fishing Lake Ovid. We look forward to seeing you on the water.

http://www.michigandnr.com/ParksandTrai ... &type=SPRK

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:43 pm

I will be there, for sure. Hopefully, my little bro will also be coming along as a new member.

TimD

Post by TimD » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:41 pm

I'll be there!

edalz

Post by edalz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:31 pm

I will be there with my two sons (ages 6 & 10) and I am looking forward to it.
"I wish ignorance was painful".

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 pm

How could I pass up another chance for public humiliation? :oops: Count me for one.

Plus, maybe I'll get a chance to get a glimpse of the tail of one of Will's Suicks, and perhaps even filch one or three things from his overstuffed bulldawg collection when he's not looking... [smilie=brows.gif]
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:51 pm

I'll be there, don't know about the partner. Can't miss Hemi's greatest show on earth. (also known as the circus is in town)! [smilie=applause.gif]

Steve

jasonvkop

Post by jasonvkop » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Hopefully we'll be there but we have to see if our towing vehicle is in good enough shape to go.
The Musky Bandit strikes again!

LeMay

Post by LeMay » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:02 am

3 in my boat that day.
My undersized MUSKIE just ate your trophy Bass!!

Scrappy

Post by Scrappy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:06 am

Keep the RSVP's coming. It's looking like this is going to be a great event and pehaps an even better lure raffle. Look forward to seeing you all there. Looks like Bomba and I will be doing lots of cooking. [smilie=biggrin.gif]

Walt Clinansmith

Post by Walt Clinansmith » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:53 pm

I'll be there with four in my boat.

Slinger

Post by Slinger » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:06 pm

Count me in for 1.

ron berry

Post by ron berry » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:59 pm

two in my boat scrappy

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:34 pm

Steve S wrote:I'll be there, don't know about the partner. Can't miss Hemi's greatest show on earth. (also known as the circus is in town)! [smilie=applause.gif]

Steve
Well, not the WHOLE circus; just the clown boat. :mrgreen:
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

Cool Hand Hodge

Post by Cool Hand Hodge » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:36 am

Im in for sure, with one more in my tub...after all thats all it will hold! [smilie=2thumbsup.gif] [smilie=2thumbsup.gif]
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

MuskyTom

Post by MuskyTom » Thu May 01, 2008 12:11 am

Pikerule2 and I are planning on going.
MuskyTom