WR musky and endorsments? What will it be worth ??

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

chartertalk

WR musky and endorsments? What will it be worth ??

Post by chartertalk » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:17 am

I too think the WR will come from GB. But how much will it be worth ??
Bob Devine
Chartertalk Guide Service
Windsor Ont
www.chartertalk.com
www.extremeanglertv.com
519 984-4899

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:10 am

I'm not sure if the money would be worth the headache.

If she happened to be in the net at the side of my boat I would call the DNR or MNR, a friend with the WRMA and get any person within shouting distance to come over to witness the process from lake to scale. Everything would be documented with a camera, videotaped and witnessed by at least 20 people.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:19 am

So are you saying you would thump it on the head? I've always said if it was a world record fish I would, but now i'm not sure... 60"x34" would make me really think hard about it......
Last edited by Bomba on Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:48 am

I've always said no.

Would it be worth it to put the record where it belongs, in Ontario? Now I'm thinking... maybe.

Just to look at a photo of Louis and his fish that is really about 54" and 45# makes me sick. O'Brien is probably the record holder but there are even questions surrounding that fish. Heck, Martin Williamson might have the record. Imagine that, a world record that is actually within reach and not some mythical 70# fish.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

MuskyDan

Post by MuskyDan » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:10 am

collect the money, the fame, and the support of the DNR in the state. If you catch it in Michigan.
MuskyDan

Kingfisher

endorsments

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:00 pm

Would the catcher of this fish really tell the truth?? If it was caught on a Talonz Deepthreat how much do you think I could give him?? How about a Parrywinkle? ,Tuff Shad, or Loke?? The truth is who ever catches it will say they got it on a Rapala because they have the most money. Triline Line and so on. I fished with a Georgian Bay guide who told me that if he got it Rapala would get the first call. Sucks dont it?? If the guy or Gal who catches the world record tells the truth there wont be much money at all.Just a boat load of headaches. I have my big Baits running in Georgian Bay ,the Larry, the Ottawa, The detroit River,Lake Erie and Lake of the Woods. I hope some one catches it on one of my Lures. Ill be the one making all the money from selling baits Lol. Kingfisher

finlander

wr

Post by finlander » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:58 am

...but you'll have to quit your other job....... :D ....don't forget your respirator.

Steve Horton

Post by Steve Horton » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:53 pm

Huh. How do you guys know the world record hasn't been caught and released already? I'll bet it has. Not everyone wants recognition (back to the idea of compensating for something eh Will?) for catching the world record anything. With that said, personally, I'd thump it if I caught it just to set the musky fishing world straight on the World record thing once and for all so we could all move on and just go fitchin'. However, I wouldn't intentially kill any other muskie.