ATTENTION....CAMPAU LAKE.....ATTENTION

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

kid coulson

ATTENTION....CAMPAU LAKE.....ATTENTION

Post by kid coulson » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Hello everybody,
Some mis-information has made its way to Campau lake. The DNR HAS NOT issued a statement to take any and all muskies no matter what the size from this lake. This mis-information could get people in trouble as the size to keep a muskie from this lake is 42 inches or longer. If you have any questions about the fishing laws/regulations reguarding Campau or any other body of water here in Michigan please call the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
If you have basic questions about muskie fishing in general, by all means put up a post.
Thank you,
kelly"kid coulson"schaap

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:55 am

wait what? was this a rumor somewhere? or someone post some bs somewhere on the lake? I snagged a healthy 20 lb+ carp last night with a superD on accident haha

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Take this for what its worth.
Somebody has got their story messed-up and is telling people that the DNR along with the lake association wants the muskies out of Campau because they have eatin everything in the lake and there is now a forage base problem. This person is telling people the DNR said it is O.K. to keep a muskie from Campau no matter what the size,..they just want them out !! This person was supposidly muskie fishing and knew of Campau getting taken off the stocking list. NOT COOL !!!!
Again,...take it for what its worth.

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:48 pm

I told one guy when he watched us catching a musky, he was saying how he never has any luck fishing and i said that they have stopped stocking fish in there cause of what was posted on here, but i definitely never said that they wanted them out of there. I wonder if it was the same guy i talked to that completely misheard what i told him or what. If thats so he must be deaf cause he was like 10 ft from our boat.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 pm

I have heard very similar 'the DNR wants us to keep all the muskies'-rumors many times in the past, so I doubt that you started it for Campau swanezy! A few variations on the theme go something like this -

1) Muskies were accidentally stocked in lake X on their way to lake Y, so there is no size limit on lake X (a classic yooper tale there!)

2) The DNR is done stocking lake X because it is better suited for bass/walleye, and now they want your help to get the muskies out of lake X.

and my favorite...
3) The DNR wants the muskies removed because they aren't suppose to be in here and came in through the _____ (local buffoons get to insert their favorite fish transporting vector here - I've heard 'dam', 'creek', 'spillover from the hatchery' and 'big flood of 1986'...still hoping to hear 'birds' someday...).

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:51 pm

yea i was hopin it wasnt because of someone mishearing me haha