New GL Muskellunge State Record

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

mskyprey

Post by mskyprey » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Sounds like he did his part to revive it, awesome fish.

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Its a musky and I can cry if I want to [smilie=cry.gif] [smilie=cry.gif] [smilie=cry.gif] [smilie=cry.gif] [smilie=cry.gif] [smilie=cry.gif] I feel for Kyle as well . To try for an hour and still lose her has to hurt. I think if it happened to me ? well I am glad it didnt. But at least as Jason stated better it happened to one that had lived for many years spawning and doing her job then a small one in the 42 to 48 inch class. Any way now we have a new spotted as the record.

In defense of some of the opening posts the fact that he tried to release the fish should have been posted with the picture (WiLL) . As most of us know there have been several big fish purposely killed up there in recent years. I think for me in the future Ill wait until I hear the facts before assuming again. Mike ps Good luck Kyle
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

http://www.fishall-lures.com

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Kingfisher wrote:In defense of some of the opening posts the fact that he tried to release the fish should have been posted with the picture (WiLL) .
Mom always said if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything. Regardless of the facts there's no need to say anything negative.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Steve Horton

Post by Steve Horton » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:23 pm

I'll say something negative.......Its a damn shame I didn't catch it!!!!!!!!! I think this thread right here shows the true caliber of people in the MMA. What a fish. It just makes the weekend seem further and further away.

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Heck of a catch!! Congrats to him. Fish of a lifetime!!

jasonvkop

Post by jasonvkop » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:56 pm

He definitely has a nice set-up and you can tell he is really into it. I do wish he had a bigger net though from the pictures in field and stream. Again, congrats to the angler on a great catch! Definitely has put some hours on the water for these fish. 11 GLS fish over 50 inches in 7 years is not bad at all :grin:
The Musky Bandit strikes again!

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Yes 11 over 50 is a tremendous accomplishment. Why is this guy not a member? or is he?Mike
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

edalz

Post by edalz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:13 pm

Hard to look at those pictures but it sure was a nice fish and it looks like he tried to release the fish....you know there are more out there.
"I wish ignorance was painful".

Chasin50

Post by Chasin50 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Now that I have come to grips with the loss... And have seen the story in Field & Stream... My hat is off to Kyle... Very admirable achievement... Think about those hours... I know how much i have fished in th elast 9-10 years, and i don't half even half that amount of time on the water. Obviously he is passionate, and based on the fact that he has not clubbed other 50+ fish, I would say he is the real deal. I hope he really is. Just think, living in the Southern lower, you could plan 4 trips a year up there for 3 days each time.... Fish from sun up to sun down, and it would take you 31 years to log that many hours... 31 years... poo!!!! What an accomplishment...

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:48 pm

If I lived there I would still be guiding. Its like those guys on the Larry, Georgian bay, St. Clair, Lac suel etc. Its in the back yard and you get to go with minimal cost. Heck, he drives his boat to work probably trolls to work ha ha ha . . If I could have a choice of where to live it would be right there. Or maybe on the Indian River or The st. Marys river or , or or , sheesh a guy could go nuts dreaming about it. I got to fish twice this year, Opening day and one day on Murray. Chasin50,we are going up on the 10th of October for the auction trip. Will you join us? Mike
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

gaustin

Post by gaustin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Wow [smilie=bow.gif] ..........Congrats
Gregg Austin

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Anyone got a 9" muskie Magnet lure for sale? [smilie=brows.gif]

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:56 am

Nothing but congratulations to a dedicated angler and an awesome catch!!! There is not much more I could add about this awesome fish, WOW. Great story also, the lucky angler is my kind of guy! (living a dream I might add!) I personally did not see much "bashing" on this post, thankfully. Just a lot of extremely dedicated anglers just like Mr. Anderson, who may let their passion for the fish blind their judgement for an instant.

I would hope that the Michigan Muskie Alliance NEVER be associated with any negativism towards an angler or catch like this. Even if posters on this board, or even individual members of the organization might come across with a different attitude, I can guarantee that does not represent MMA and its beliefs. Great fish!

Chasin50

Post by Chasin50 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:28 am

kid coulson wrote:Anyone got a 9" muskie Magnet lure for sale? [smilie=brows.gif]
I have 10 of them, and can hook anyone of you up with Kermit.