Campau Lake Yesterday

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

masterangler182

Campau Lake Yesterday

Post by masterangler182 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:39 pm

was out yesterday with biigfish32 and dident catch a thing, another guy was out on the lake also, he had a MMA sticker on, i dont think he got anything either, the colder it get's the harder they seem to be to catch, threw out severl differnt baits and at several different speeds and still had no luck. I hope to get out there soon with this nice weather so hope to see some people out there
masterangler182

Scott Williams

Post by Scott Williams » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:09 pm

As this weather cools it does get a little tougher, but with time on the water... eventually good things will happen. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:56 pm

had a lot of activity in the last 2 wks, more so than the last month. Fish are slow so use slower baits

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Dont feel bad Master, I havnt seen a fish in my last 6 or 7 muskie trips. [smilie=bangtard.gif] [smilie=brickwall.gif] [smilie=bangtard.gif] [smilie=brickwall.gif]

Will Schultz

Re: Campau Lake Yesterday

Post by Will Schultz » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:47 am

masterangler182 wrote:was out yesterday with biigfish32 and dident catch a thing, another guy was out on the lake also, he had a MMA sticker on, i dont think he got anything either, the colder it get's the harder they seem to be to catch, threw out severl differnt baits and at several different speeds and still had no luck. I hope to get out there soon with this nice weather so hope to see some people out there
I'm sure that was me, black and tan boat right?

The fish had moved from the deep water they were in on Saturday and were in the weeds in 8-10'. Caught two on a slow moving glider both were small 36-38". You guys weren't too far away when I was unhooking either of them.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 am

will dont u hate gliders?

been having a lot of love on topwater in the last 2 wks. Lot of blow ups and nippers. One 45+ fish came up when i stopped moving the bait and i thought i had a weed as i looked away and he had nibbled on the back hook.

biiigfish32

campau

Post by biiigfish32 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:48 am

Yep, that was you out there. I fished, in the middle like that just looking for big weed clumps and casting smaller bucktails and had a few hits, but that was also in the middle of the summer. Also, your boat is awsome Im looking to buy one like it, but mabye something a little cheaper
Corey P (biiigfish32)