Where to go Thursday?

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

DeanV

Where to go Thursday?

Post by DeanV » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:53 pm

I have posted here occasionally but have yet to really get into musky fishing. I have a basic selection of tackle (20 lures or so, release tools, St. Croix 7MH musky rod, etd) and really want to catch my first on purpose musky. I have only gotten out a couple times over the past few years looking for musky (twice on Thornapple years ago and one brief trip last fall to Murray).

Where do you think would be my best bet to try to catch one tomorrow? I am leaning towards Murray again, but Campau is also a possibility. I am hoping with the warmer weather the fish will be shallow for some casting (not a fan of trolling).

Any advice is welcome. Hopefully I will catch a nice one and officially catch musky fever and hang around here more often.

Thanks

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey Dean,
I would go to Murray. I got a fish there a couple days ago on a deep diving crank bait. [smilie=2c.gif]

Esoxonthefly

Post by Esoxonthefly » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:33 pm

Go to Murray

St Clair Hound

Re: Where to go Thursday?

Post by St Clair Hound » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:18 pm

DeanV wrote:I have posted here occasionally but have yet to really get into musky fishing. I have a basic selection of tackle (20 lures or so, release tools, St. Croix 7MH musky rod, etd) and really want to catch my first on purpose musky. I have only gotten out a couple times over the past few years looking for musky (twice on Thornapple years ago and one brief trip last fall to Murray).

Where do you think would be my best bet to try to catch one tomorrow? I am leaning towards Murray again, but Campau is also a possibility. I am hoping with the warmer weather the fish will be shallow for some casting (not a fan of trolling).

Any advice is welcome. Hopefully I will catch a nice one and officially catch musky fever and hang around here more often.

:grin:

Thanks
Uh-oh , this guys not hooked yet. Somebody set him straight. This addiction will ruin your life!!!!! :grin:
Lead, follow or get out of the way,
The Big Hound is comin through!

DeanV

Post by DeanV » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Well, the joys of self-employment prevented me from getting out today. I am still going to try to hit Murray sometime this fall though.