Fly Patterns

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

jasonvkop

Post by jasonvkop » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Very nice! I love the picture of the fish thrashing at the surface with the red fly in its mouth!
The Musky Bandit strikes again!

esoxfly

Post by esoxfly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:08 pm

detroithardcore wrote:Talk to Jeff (EsoxFly). The guy makes fly's like crazy and is good at it! He's torturing himself right by strictly flyfishing until fall kicks in. Just saw him the other day on the water and he showed me some of his fly's in the water and I was impressed! They look so sweet in the water with the "strip and pause" technique. He's popped a good amount of fish on his flys and you can tell the guy just loves to make them!!
Thanks Scott. It's not torture, it's just a labor of love. [smilie=brickwall.gif]

I've been a fly fisherman for probably 15 years or more and only picked up conventional gear halfway through 09 to start marking more fish. Then this year with my leg, I've only got like a season and a half with gear. Caught a ton more fish on gear, but flyfishing is my thing and it's just like bowhunting...it's just how I enjoy it. I can't cover as much water or even fish all the water out there, but when it happens, it pays off. But yeah, last year I was probably 70/30 gear to fly due to water temps and my streak and tempo I had going last year. This year after I got back on the water in my own boat it's back to 100% fly and this mud isn't helping things!

But to the original question, here's some fly patterns of mine-

Vito

Post by Vito » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:28 am

I like that one!

Here's a few more I tied recently.

esoxfly

Post by esoxfly » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Very nice. I like the profiles of the heads.