PM Salmon Update 9/28/05

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Bryan Saenz

PM Salmon Update 9/28/05

Post by Bryan Saenz » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:02 pm

Hi all, My 2 good friends just got back from the PM and the verdict was not good, as the water on the main branch is anywhere from 1 1/2 foot to 2 foot high in places, it looks like chocolate milk and is flowing fast. Fish are scattered everywhere right now in the main branch, the river should start to settle within 2-5 days one of the guides up there told them, in fact it was so poor for fishing, most guides have cancelled trips for the week, playin it by ear.
On the other hand , the SOUTH branch is up, but not nearly as stained and has seen a good amount of fish pass through, most fishing are screaming by, but some are staggin in holes during mid day. And, are up on beds in places. Oh and if your a ......"STEEL- FLY fisherman" the kind with 3 points and full of lead..haha Be on the look out, DNR are up there and not going to be patient with that stuff. I have done well on flies, wooly buggers, egg patterns, and nymphs, so just use caution or common sense.
I got fiends, and co workers going up there about every 2 - 3 days, so we stay posted pretty well, so if you need any ifo, drop me a line. - have a good one :O) Bryan