Murray

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

finlander

Murray

Post by finlander » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:42 pm

This seems the closest bet for me. ( Other than Mac ) Any ideas as to the number of 30" plus 'skis in there?

finlander

murray fish

Post by finlander » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:58 pm

Hey, I'll start the answerin' on this one :lol: I saw the plnts on the DNR site. What ELSE is in there?? Pike, bass??? Thanks, the Finn

Tom Stinson

Post by Tom Stinson » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:33 pm

There are a few large pike, have caught less pike lately. There are bass in there, very rarely do I catch them with muskie gear though.
Tom

finlander

Murray's launch ramp

Post by finlander » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:41 pm

How steep is the ramp there/ one dock or two??? How big is the parking lot and is it lit?? Is there a charge? I'm just hauling our little tub in the back of the truck. Last time I launched with a boat trailer was in the state park and we need an annual sticker. How is it done there? Thanks.

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:10 pm

Fin,
2 launches,one has like 5 spots,the other maybe 20.Launches are both
good cement.
Murray has a little of everything but no walleye that I know of.Its a tricky
lake.Very steep breaks.Sometimes its hot,other times you wont get a sniff,but thats fishin.
This is the best time of year for murray as far as traffic.Normally its a
zoo out there.

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:13 pm

No charge for launching,no lights either.Really nice schithouse on the
onside,bigger than the one in my house!

finlander

Murray

Post by finlander » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:54 pm

Thanks Kid. Did not get there today as planned. Going to try again Tuesday, before the front. Maybe the muskie god(s) will allow me an actual 'sighting' this year.

finlander

murray map?

Post by finlander » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:25 pm

Where is the second launch at??? The only map I have found online is from the DNR site. Has the lake changed much?? I see two underwater islands on that map, as well as the steep breaks. The DNR map is old.

Larry Porter

Post by Larry Porter » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:56 pm

The launches are right across the road from each other, one on the west arm and the other on the east arm. Positives for Murray: good water quality, cisco forage base, very easy for one guy to fish, as it is basically shoreline casting or trolling with a few wrinkles in the weedline. Negatives for Murray: quite a bit of pressure, tough for two guys to fish unless one guy has confidence in deeper baits. Weedline goes out to almost 20 feet although it will almost always be on a steep slope. The deepest weeds do not come up high and hence shoreline trolling can be decent. There is potential for open-water trolling with the cisco base; I have had muskies follow up over 40 feet of water. Nice lake.