Pizza Joint you HAVE to try!!

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Jim tenHaaf

Pizza Joint you HAVE to try!!

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Alright, guys and dolls. I just had a pizza experience I will never forget. This place is the absolute BOMB!! It's called Larry's Pizza, and it's located on Plainfield. My wife told me, "We're going to a pizza buffet place for dinner with my family." So, ok. Pizza buffet, that's cool. I love the idea of eating as much pizza I can for 1 price. But let me tell you - this place has an idea that is so awesome! Here's how it works. You order a pizza, and when it's ready, they take it out to you. You take as many slices as you want. If you want the whole thing, fine. Or, if you only want 2 slices, that's what they give you. Then, they take the rest of the pizza around the room asking if anyone else wants some. At the same time, this is happening to 10 other pizzas. Everyone in the joint is ordering a different pizza. And, if you want, you have a chance to try them all! And they make anything and everything. Chicken Alfredo pizza, Meat lovers, "Big Mac" pizza, peanut butter chocolate chip, Buffalo chicken pizza, Chicken Quesadilla, Baked Potato w/ or w/o sour cream. Seriously. You name it, they have it, or will try to make it for you. My table, with 14 people ordered 12 different kinds of pizzas. And tried some others that the waiters were floating around the room too. Now, when the room is done taking pizza from the servers, they bring it to the buffet table. And if you want more of that kind, you go to the buffet line, and simply take more. To top it off, it has a little arcade room for the kids that is set up like Chuck-E-Cheese. Tokens, tickets, and prizes to choose from. And they are very generous in their ticket/prize givings. With $3, my kids won 330 tickets. But when they didn't have enough to get 2 balls and a dinosaur (675 tickets total) they gave them the prizes anyways with a smile. Try this place sometime in the near future, people. You will love it!

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:49 am

sounds like some good eats, i love those off the wall type of pizza's.

The K2 restaurant has pizza's like that in Grand haven, you can make any kind of pizza or order from their list of crazy style of pizza's.

Only drawback is it isn't a buffet or anything like u mentioned. How much was it for all that?

Esoxonthefly

Post by Esoxonthefly » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:10 am

Georgio's or Bell's in East Lansing has baked potato pizza. Can't remember which one but it's awesome. I spent many a late night trying to sober up on that stuff [smilie=2thumbsup.gif]

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 am

It's only like $8 per adult!

Scott Williams

Post by Scott Williams » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:26 pm

Ooh Bell's in EL used to be a favorite, especially on the way home from a party. Not that I ever partied it up at MSU!

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Scott Williams wrote:Ooh Bell's in EL used to be a favorite, especially on the way home from a party. Not that I ever partied it up at MSU!
Before we could drive we used to ride our bikes from Okemos to EL for Bells Pizza. It was only a ten mile round trip.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:55 pm

SOLD! I will be taking a half day's vacation to give Larry's a shot...
Bass solo take one. "na, neeeeeeeer...n-ne, ner-neer-ner-neer-ner-neer..."

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Pete wrote:SOLD! I will be taking a half day's vacation to give Larry's a shot...
I told Duke if you guys come to GR, I'll show you the ropes! :cool: It is DEFINATELY a "must try".

MattG_braith

Post by MattG_braith » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:09 am

This place is literally .2 miles from where I live. I will definitly be trying it in the near future.
Matt

ccmovi8

Post by ccmovi8 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:48 am

Im gonna go next time im downstate. That sounds like my kind of place. [smilie=brows.gif]

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:25 am

While there is some very good pizza to be had around here (and I haven't been everywhere around here, unlike les LeBarons), I still relish going back to good ol' Noo Yawk, and getting some excellent pizza at the numerous mom-and-pop restaurants in my old neighborhood. There's really nothing quite like those pizzas around here. I don't know what it is, but I think the type of cheese used has something important to do with it.

I don't get to GR often, but I'll keep this place in mind for the next time.
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

ccmovi8

Post by ccmovi8 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 pm

[quote="hemichemi"]I still relish going back to good ol' Noo Yawk, and getting some excellent pizza

if you want good pizza you need to go to Chicago;)

mskyprey

Post by mskyprey » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Jim tenHaaf wrote:
Pete wrote:SOLD! I will be taking a half day's vacation to give Larry's a shot...
I told Duke if you guys come to GR, I'll show you the ropes! :cool: It is DEFINATELY a "must try".
That would be fun to watch, maybe have an outing at Larry's - swap some lures in the process. :grin:

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:55 pm

The "little arcade room" conjures images of Chuck E. Cheese and is off-putting, though. My kids are both in their 20s now, and I'm done with that! :roll:
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

mskyprey

Post by mskyprey » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:10 pm

hemichemi wrote:The "little arcade room" conjures images of Chuck E. Cheese and is off-putting, though. My kids are both in their 20s now, and I'm done with that! :roll:
Grand children love that place Hemi!