Which and why?? Lowrance DSI vs Bird DI

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

kid coulson

Which and why?? Lowrance DSI vs Bird DI

Post by kid coulson » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Im talking about the 5" color screen models with GPS. Man it seems like a draw with all the reviews Ive read. Any input is appreciated.

Chasin50

Post by Chasin50 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Kid,

I picked up two of the HB 998 models last year and love them. Have owned Lowrance my whole life, but decided to give HB a try. No regrets. Love the units. But, I have not used the new lowrance at all so, can't comment on the differences. Just looking at all the info out there, they appear very similar, and you probably can't go wrong with either. The SI, and DI is really nice, but requires a learning... I am still trying to figure out what the heck I am seeing a lot of the time. It is just a totally different image.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:21 pm

I spent some time talking to Lowrance guys and HB guys at the Michigan show...long story short - I will be getting all HB in the future.
Bass solo take one. "na, neeeeeeeer...n-ne, ner-neer-ner-neer-ner-neer..."

vano397

Post by vano397 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:01 pm

I like em both, and have been milling it over for a while. My buddy wants to sell me his new HDS 7 for the price of an HDS 5, so its kind of another option for me.
The only thing I like about one brand over the other, is that lowrance's menus have always been easier to navigate, and little things like turning on the backlight and dimming it. Maybe HB has fixed that, but its something worth looking at.
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”