MK PD-55 vibration

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

finlander

MK PD-55 vibration

Post by finlander » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:40 pm

It's making noise when running at the higher rpm's. Found the shaft is off like a 1/16. Could the bearing in that 'cap' be going? It's maybe in its' 4th year, and I dont recall ever running into anything while it was deployed. Anyone have this happen to them? Thanks, Bruce.

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:11 pm

I have a vibration in my Endura 55 as well they make snubbers for those to handle the vibration. I have also found some props just vibrate where others dont.
Kevin
If I wasn't born to fish then why am I here?

finlander

vibration...

Post by finlander » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:36 pm

I had the prop off it last night, and the shaft tip is off center bout a 1/16". Really shows at the high speed. Just wondering if this has happened to others. Quiet motor the first 3 years. Wonder if it is this bearing causing the oscilation.

Mike Stinson

Post by Mike Stinson » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 pm

A couple of things that you might want to try, first would be to go back and make sure that the motor still level. I always had issues with PD70 when I was running in current and or had the motor on 7+, so I tried a aftermarket prop Kipawa: http://www.mcssl.com/store/kipawaproduc ... 6459cc11cd this really seemed to help and it did provide faster running speeds. I just went up to the 80# Terrova and will be ordering one for this motor very soon.

finlander

pd's bent shaft...

Post by finlander » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:27 pm

I dont fish as much as some, and there are times that I dont deploy the bowmount. This has to be the 4th year for this, bought it in spring of '08 and it's an '07. Silent last year. I will call MK soon to see about that bearing, get their input. I thought it might be the slot in the prop where the shear pin sits, but it isnt loose at all. Thanks for the input on the props. Will check out the site.