Munuscong Musky: Local doctor spears trophy fish

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:13 am

Thanks for the post. This article doesn't help out the case of Muskie spearers in the least bit when it states:
“It came in so fast,” said Ganzhorn, explaining that he acted so quickly that he didn’t know how big the fish actually was when he released the spear.

And :
Ganzhorn still did not realize the size of the fish until he attempted to bring it out of the hole.

And again:
“He didn’t like coming out of the water,” said Ganzhorn.

It was only then that Ganzhorn realized he had not speared a large pike but a Great Lakes Musky

Crazy impulsive spearers... [smilie=bangtard.gif]

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

like how it talks about angling etc.. spearing is not angling sorry.

Esoxonthefly

Post by Esoxonthefly » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 pm

I would definitely say his quotes could be used to prove a point. I like how the spear guys always say "selective harvest" but where was it in that case? This guy had no clue what this fish even was let alone if it was even legal. What a waste.
"I once heard of a guy that caught a 70" muskie weighing 80 lbs...."

edalz

Post by edalz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Esoxonthefly wrote:I would definitely say his quotes could be used to prove a point. I like how the spear guys always say "selective harvest" but where was it in that case? This guy had no clue what this fish even was let alone if it was even legal. What a waste.
This is it in a nut shell. Just a blind throw by someone that had no idea what he was doing. The fact that he is a Dr. may mean he is the most educated spear chucker out there...if that doesn't scare you than nothing will. Truly sad.
"I wish ignorance was painful".

biiigfish32

musky

Post by biiigfish32 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

I live in the soo and I never herd about this. It don't suprise me, Ive went out there and found pike laying all over the ice, Im sure there are plenty of muskies sitting on the ice too. I hate it
Corey P (biiigfish32)