life changes

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Pete

life changes

Post by Pete » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Well, 2012 has been a wild one for me. Lost my job in late April, went a couple months not knowing where we would end up…fished a little, but less than normal for sure. Then the last month things got chaotic – 8 job offers, pretty much all at once, and it was time to decide. Extremely long story short, the fam and I passed on 3 local (Midland) looks, and settled on a totally new role in the extreme SW portion of the state. Been working there for 3 weeks…so far like it, oh, about 100X better than the old job. Temporarily been dealing with a lengthy commute – staying at my parents’ place on Gun Lake and driving 1.5 hours each way to the south and west. By this time next year should have the whole family moved down, but for the time being it’s a bit tough. So what does this mean for my fellow musky-teers? Well, I’ve got some stuff that I should get rid of before the move…like a bunch of new pounders, 2 pounders, regular dawgs and a cottage. The cottage is on a sweet little spot on Benway Lake on the upper chain…comes with some killer upper and lower chain spots! Shoot me an email if you have any interest…could save some good $ if you buy before we list (on the cottage, not the dawgs)! Also , if anyone in the greater paw paw-kazoo-three rivers area is looking for a musky loving temporary roommate, shoot me a note! Thanks. lebaronpete@gmail.com
Bass solo take one. "na, neeeeeeeer...n-ne, ner-neer-ner-neer-ner-neer..."

Chris Musselman

Post by Chris Musselman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Pete, If I was just a few years later in my life and a tad bit more established the cabin on Benway would be the first thing I would buy and you would be welcome to come fish anytime. Only in dreams right now though, I'm sorry to hear you have to get rid of it. Good luck with your new opportunity, hopefully the rest of your year smooths out.
If I'm not going to catch fish. I might as well not be catching Muskies...

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:54 am

Pete, if I had an extra room, I'd give it to Ya, man. I do wish you well in your new found venture, tho. I'm not far from kzoo, so of you need a hand with anything, shoot me a buzz. SW Michigan is great. And, you'll be nice and close to the hatchery now, so you will be able to check on the little ones any time you'd like! [smilie=biggrin.gif]

vano397

Post by vano397 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Good luck Pete! Sorry you have to move the cottage too, I'd love it but like Chris said, not quite in the cards yet. There are some great new lakes to learn down there though, or at least to learn better!
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”

LonLB

Post by LonLB » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:41 am

Where are you working.

We bought a place in Three Rivers for cheap. Might be worth looking to buy, stay there till next year then flip for more money. We could sell ours for a bunch more $$$ than we paid/have into it. Owner was looking to sell.

FWIW I'm talking SUB 10K houses LOL

LonLB

Post by LonLB » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am

btw i'd offer you a room, but we don't really have the room. There is a room in the basement that was finished but needs to be completely re-done. If it were in better condition it'd be yours.

(plus we aren't even there yet. Been waiting on plumber/contractor to finish up)

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:20 pm

LonLB wrote:Where are you working.
Working in Cassopolis. Quite a haul from Gun Lake!

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Ok, enough mushy stuff. Where are them Pounders for sale?? [smilie=brows.gif]

LonLB

Post by LonLB » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Pete wrote:
LonLB wrote:Where are you working.
Working in Cassopolis. Quite a haul from Gun Lake!
I lived there too for 5 years with my EX wife. Just down from Diamond. :mrgreen:

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:38 pm

ok, last chance on the cottage before we list it! I'll be up there this wknd chasing ducks (and maybe skis if time permits), so if you feel like going north shoot me a note and I'll walk you through the place.

for Jimbo, here are a few of the 50 new dawgs that I'll eventually be thinning out - 2 lbers on the left, lbers middle (2 mega D's on the bottom), and regular dawgs right. $20 each for the biggens, $12 for the regulars if we can meet up and skip the shipping.

mskyprey

Post by mskyprey » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm fishing 4 nights a week right now by you, your welcome to fish and crash anytime!

Chasin50

Post by Chasin50 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Pete,

Glad you were able to come to a decision. Sounds like you were in a tough, but very fortunate position to have many job choices. Hope this all works out for you and the family. The muskies will be there when things settle in to place for everyone.

Happy for you bud.