Fishall Lures contest

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Kingfisher

Fishall Lures contest

Post by Kingfisher » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 pm

We are having a contest in August for biggest fish picture. We will have a secret Item posted here and on our Fishall Lures Facebook page and post that Item on July 31st. The contest will run for the month of August. Biggest fish caught on one of our lures wins a free lure like the one used to catch the fish. You must submit two picures to win. One with lure in mouth and one holding the fish. You can get the lure in mouth in the net. The secret Item must be in the net with the fish and in the hold picture. Send pictures to

muskiefolk@comcast.net Have fun with this contest. Mike and Michelle
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

http://www.fishall-lures.com

bails

!

Post by bails » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:37 pm

first question....does it have to be a muskie??? because your bait will draw all kinds of fish ive experienced it on a local lake that was clear so I could visually see it work, and it I caught 2 largemouths and 3 pike in an hour and a half....second.... if I win... is there any way I can be part in making the bait and can I put "bails" on the bottom of it???? actually I don't even need to be part of it... it something I thought was amazing when you let me come and tour your shop! I thought how cool would it be if I could help/watch it get done, and put bails somewhere on the lure! I love your baits I caught my first ski on one of them and it has an unbeatable action when used right through the water for a multiple of species and especially muskies! my first muskie came from what seemed a mile away and on the pause I watched it flash and miss the bait...the best part was 2 casts later it came back and nailed it! I will not ever forget it or the hospitality you have shown me in helping me chase these challenging fish! I fish a talonz every time I go out I feel pretty conifident I have a good chance its this one!
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Yes muskies only. Mike
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

Chris Musselman

Post by Chris Musselman » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:51 am

Looks like Matt's weigted little claw prototype is getting some time in on my first trip to St. Clair.so I can get you to make me one. :evil:
If I'm not going to catch fish. I might as well not be catching Muskies...

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 am

The secret Item is a white piece of paper with the word Talonz written on it.
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

bails

Post by bails » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:32 pm

lol, I wanted to cheat, I caught a fish on your talonz a day ago and was hoping to enter it....ill post the fish and the videos tonight, I would really like another one made if at all possible... its the killer man!

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Water temps are good right now, Its time to fish. GAME ON!!!
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

bails

Post by bails » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:52 am

im going on Saturday, hey quick question. do the baby claws still work efficiently if you swap the hooks out and go bigger? I was very lucky to get the last fish it folded the treble up to crap, pretty amazing to see though lol

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:35 am

I would not change out the hooks. Adding weight kills the action. Just replace it with another 1/0 eagle claw 374 or 375. Mike
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

bails

Post by bails » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Have you ever tried using them with 2 hooks and leaving out the middle hook? That should allow for some bigger hooks to go on. I'm still working on the video clips that I have but it scares me that a 45 inch folded the hooks the way that it did. The fish only had the back treble in its mouth when I netted it but it folded 2 out of 3 which scares me of WHEN I hook a 50 that i would lose because it straightened the hook. The action is second to none that I've fished with and even with the risk I'm still using it just wondering if you have ever played with the idea of taking out the middle hook and beefing up the other two after watching that fish hit so hard and violent that I wished it had bigger hooks. Love your baits mike, hope your not offended by me asking.. The fish was landed.. What a beast I'm passing up salmon just for the chance to hook up on thorn again. Luv that lake, I'm starting to luv that people hate it :grin: nothing better than taking a weekday off and getting the lake to myself... Weekends are stressful but the weekdays... It's on I'm just learning the lake and I've boated 2 over 45 in my last 20 hours on that lake.. And I'm just getting started baby haha. Too bad I've never Muskie fished in the fall. Hopefully I catch on quick!!!

Scott Williams

Post by Scott Williams » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Loosen the drag after setting the hook, if you play them right you will be fine. Otherwise experiment with hooks. Some of the best in this club have different hooks on most of their baits than what come standard.

bails

Post by bails » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Hard hook set followed by a slight loosen of the drag. Easier said than done but makes perfect sense thanks

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:20 am

The fish bent the hooks in the net. That explains everything. But yes you can lighten up your drag a little but no need to baby them either. The positive side of the Eagle claw hook is they set pretty easy. You dont have to break the rod to get them to penetrate. The downside is using 80 or 100 pound line with the drag cranked down you are going to break something. Those hooks are so sharp they will rip right through the jaw or even bend outward if the fish is boat side going nuts. That is one situation I avoid at all cost. If I hook a big fish at boat side Im in free spool until that fish is out away from the boat. Then re engage and game on. I always loosen the drag with smaller baits. Big rubber and other big baits you need more force to drive those huge hooks in. Two different things entirely. Mike
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

bails

Post by bails » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Makes sense. Thanks guys

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Who won????
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.