Murray 6/10... but for other reasons than fishing...

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

vano397

Murray 6/10... but for other reasons than fishing...

Post by vano397 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:57 am

Hey, I was out there yesterday with my 5 yo daughter looking for panfish. Saw a little musky activity, but didn't have a real chance to actually try to catch anything. The lake was a ZOO, temps were up to tolerable for tubing/skiing, etc. and it was churned up really bad.

OK other than a bad day fishing, and experiencing the usual at the launch, which makes me want to require everyone to pass a class to own a boat, there was another report of theft at the launch.

The family sitting on the dock catching panfish and commenting on the size of my lures was informing everyone that there was a break in, smashed windows, and missing purse that was being reported to police when they arrived. I wouldn't think much beyond an idiotic random act, but after talking with a fly guide out there that had a TON of stuff stolen from his truck a few weeks ago I figured it was worth mentioning on here (hence the public forum for a skunking report)

Be safe, and lock up your stuff I guess!
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”

spnplugger

Murray 6/10...for reasons other then fishing

Post by spnplugger » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:41 am

Thanks for posting. While I've never had theft while parked at the Murray ramps, my truck has been vandalized. Sad this happens when we're trying to fish.

muskyMobes

Post by muskyMobes » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 am

Just another reason to "love" murray lake. Thanks for the info though. Its a good heads up because you wouldn't figure that in such a nice area. A couple weeks back on thorn there were some questionable characters (locals) hanging around the dock. When I pulled up they were asking all sorts of questions about my gear such as "thats a fancy camera, how much did that cost?" I was pretty pumped to see that my truck wasn't on blocks with no wheels. Ha

FIP

Post by FIP » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:46 am

Lake association received a follow up report from sheriff. Couple who broke into car and stole purse used credit card at Meijer's and were caught based on security footage. Were said to still be in jail awaiting court appearance as of Friday.
Guide apparently did not file police report as nothing showed up in local crime listing, so little chance he gets stuff back IMO.
Tom Meyaard

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:05 pm

If they caught the people and got them on camera using the persons stolen card how can they not give them their stuff back?

vano397

Post by vano397 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:56 am

thanks for the update. i will let the guide know, there is always a chance.
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”

FIP

Post by FIP » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:44 am

Swanezy - There were two incidents this year that I heard of - a woman's purse taken from vehicle where credit card was used and police report filed, and fishing stuff from truck where apparently no report was filed. Just sayin - if police do not know about the fishing stuff they have no way to return it.
Tom Meyaard