Sanford Fisherman!!!!

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

MuskyDan

Sanford Fisherman!!!!

Post by MuskyDan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:38 am

Okay everybody read Bomba's post on some of the local tards on Sanford. With that being said I met a few new fisherman on Sanford last night. There were 4 pontoons, and a bathtub with a motor trolling swim whizzes all over the lake. I stopped briefly and talked with each of them. All of them referred to the 50" picture at the bait store and that it was their friends, bothers, mother who caught it. Anyways my point is this, a fish or 6 got killed this summer on Sanford and now we have a minimum of 4 new boats on the water chasing the fish, going to Gander and buying baits, and increasing the popularity of Sanford's muskies. So yes I hate that the fish were killed but I think there may have been some positive outcomes from it. One of the guys I spoke with was the guy that caught the 50 in the picture and he was trolling a redhead believer not a bluegil. Maybe some good things are happening already??
MuskyDan

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:32 pm

the guy who caught the 50" and kept it is not the same guy using bluegills......
what so good about more locals fishing the lake, without the correct equipment, like nets, rods and line and keeping every legal fish they
catch? :twisted:
yeah that sounds like a great thing to me :roll:
Last edited by Bomba on Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

ron berry

sanford

Post by ron berry » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:55 pm

theres nothing good about it,how many of them said well maybe the next one we catch we will throw it back or said really muskies are that hard to raise ad get stocked.the only thing i hear from this post is that we are educating more people on how to catch muskie to take nice photos of dead fish. :evil:

MuskyDan

Post by MuskyDan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:43 pm

I invited all of those guys to the tournament they new nothing of it. I told them it was a fun time and that they will be able to meet a couple of cool new musky fishermen and a few dorks. I explained to them that it was a catch and release tourney, but didn't really get a chance to get into the details. I also told them to come to the prize presentation at the end to see Will get his check! and that there would be some cool raffles. I hope you got some cool stuff Bomba!!!

These guys will be on the catch and release band wagon soon enough and then we will have even more reason to get more fish. Just my thoughts, I think people will figure it out, but pounding it negatively down their throat the effect will be reverse and we will see a lot more fish dead.
MuskyDan

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:25 pm

Listen to you.. Is there an election coming up?
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

Gabe

Post by Gabe » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:49 pm

Dan you should of said to see you get a check.Not the rookie get one.Gabe
Gabe