I might need a family membership now !!

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

BrokenWing

I might need a family membership now !!

Post by BrokenWing » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:36 pm

My wife said today that she would like to cast for musky !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess it is time to start building her a couple special rods [smilie=2thumbsup.gif] [smilie=2thumbsup.gif]

Rich

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:37 am

The more the merrier! Matt & myself have vowed to take our wives out more this year as well. Maybe they can somewhat understand our obsession then. (BTW-nice meeting you in person, Rich!)

Hamilton Reef

Post by Hamilton Reef » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:37 am

Be careful for what you wish for. Look what happened to Kingfisher when Queenfisher took over. [smilie=parry.gif]

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:13 am

Yeah, I might be in the same boat! I opened my big mouth and said I'd take her down to the neighbors pond and teach how to use a baitcaster. Then I'd take her muskie fishing. What was I thinking, I must be out of my mind!! [smilie=bangtard.gif]

Esoxonthefly

Re: I might need a family membership now !!

Post by Esoxonthefly » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:13 am

BrokenWing wrote:My wife said today that she would like to cast for musky !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess it is time to start building her a couple special rods [smilie=2thumbsup.gif] [smilie=2thumbsup.gif]

Rich
Lucky! My wife is afraid of the teeth. She's a big baby but a real trooper when it comes to sitting out in the dark and watching me fish so I guess I can't complain.

mskyprey

Post by mskyprey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:58 am

Sweet Rich!

Kim has the FPB (family personal best). Then again she grew up in MN and has been fishing Muskie a lot longer than I have. Bucktails are her favorites and we picked her a new lure out of the bunch at the silent auction. Makes it easier to sneak out after work or on a weekend if you fish together!

Kingfisher

Re: I might need a family membership now !!

Post by Kingfisher » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:59 pm

BrokenWing wrote:My wife said today that she would like to cast for musky !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich
She should talk to Michelle. All of her rods are custom St. Croix Avids. They are tough but light. Find her a low profile reel like the St. Croix avid 250 ( no longer produced but there are still a few out there to be had) The more comfortable she is with her gear the more time she will spend with you on the water. Good luck Mike and Michelle
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

http://www.fishall-lures.com

BrokenWing

Post by BrokenWing » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Well the first casting session went great! Amy handled the extended MH Premier MH with ease. We were casting in the backyard and she caught on fast to grandually loading the rod and thumbing the spool.