A heads up for June 12th on Murray.

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Deadduck1

A heads up for June 12th on Murray.

Post by Deadduck1 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:08 am

A bit of a heads up. On June 12th the churches in Lowell will be holding an event on Murray Lake. It will be a fishing event for the kids coming from single parent homes. There is at last count going to be 45 boats on the water, sorry I will be one of them. I wanted you all to have a heads up before you travel from where ever and run into no parking and the zoo on the water.
Would the child you once were, Be proud of the man you are today?

Mus-ski-poor

A heads up for june 12th on murry

Post by Mus-ski-poor » Mon May 24, 2010 9:02 am

No need for a sorry. Your doing a great thing when you spend time with kids for single parent homes. [smilie=applause.gif] Keep up the good work.

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Mon May 24, 2010 12:42 pm

how would they even get 45 trailers in the parking lot?

Deadduck1

Post by Deadduck1 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:07 pm

We are droping the boats, than parking at a local church. We also are having shore lunch & games. Want us to save you a spot swanezy?
Would the child you once were, Be proud of the man you are today?

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Mon May 24, 2010 9:35 pm

i dont know if i could manage keeping my sanity with that many boats on the water lol.. It sounds like a great cause and hopefully the kids have fun, just hope that no muskies get killed by biting off the kids rigs. You will have to post some pics, id like to see what the lake looks like with that many boats on the water.

Corey K

Post by Corey K » Sat May 29, 2010 1:55 pm

I don't think you can even let kids getting broke off worry you, I think people tossing any lures (bass guys) kill more pike and muskies accidentally. Do you know how bass guys I have talked to that all have a bunch of bite off stories, witnessed one last year on a muskie probably over 20lbs. Couldn't get there in time with the net, there was an article in Infisherman on Lake of the Woods begging smallmouth anglers to use tieable wire, due to the floaters found the past couple of years, mostly with smaller jerkbaits like x-raps, husky jerks, etc. Light tieable wire will not affect action on most baits but they will still whine when they lose 7 dollar baits.