"Sportsman's Stewardship Pledge"

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Hamilton Reef

Post by Hamilton Reef » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 pm

Here is a interesting article to think about.

Recycled Fish looks to better the environment http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdoors/120328294.html

• I pledge to live a Lifestyle of Stewardship on and off the water. Living as a steward means making choices throughout my daily life that benefit lakes, streams and seas - and the fish that swim in them - because my Lifestyle Runs Downstream.

• I will learn the fish and game laws where I hunt or fish and always abide by them.

• I will practice Catch & Release and Selective Harvest faithfully and responsibly.

• I will "police my resource" by turning in poachers and reporting polluters.

• I will make up for "the other guy" by cleaning up litter wherever my adventures take me.

• I will boat safely and responsibly, never trespass, and treat other enthusiasts respectfully.

• I will take steps to see that my home, lawn, vehicle, workplace and everyday lifestyle are as fish-friendly as I can make them by reducing my water, energy, material and chemical footprint.

• I will encourage others to take on this ethic and will connect others with the outdoors to grow the stewardship community.

• I choose to serve as a role model in protecting what remains and recovering what's been lost of our wild and natural places.