LSC 10/26 first trip ever...

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Bryan Saenz

LSC 10/26 first trip ever...

Post by Bryan Saenz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:50 pm

Well we got to LSC at 8am, launched by selfridge, and were off..lol
I was amazed at how shallow it was, and how windy it became quickly.
my dad was lindy riggin for eye's and pitchin some tubes for smally's. I was chunkin for muskie, no dice for first hour. We got outside anchor bay and we got into 11=13ft water and we started really makring fish. Once dad started hookin perch on lindy rigs i thought we might come into some fish. But i had no luck thus far. About 20 mins after his 10th nice perch i got a 3-3.5 lb smally on a 8" jntd miller perch bucher dpthraider.
The wind really picked up, and i have been in the bay in 4footers, but we got into 5+ maybe close to 6 ft'ers...wow... My ol' man has an 18 ft lund fisherman, and i am glad the crestliner wasnt out there...lol
So we ended up coming back to the middle of anchor bay to where the waves were about 3ft or less.
Dad hit one walleye about 17" and got 2 more perch, then he started babling when really a perch in saying he thought a big fish followed it in.
So in that area i began tossing perch , or nat colors. I was using a 9" grandma, perch holoform brought it to side of boat, made my L turn and seen a long firgure in pursuit ...began the figure of 8's.. No dice.. !@#$%^&*$%^&*($%^&*(%^&*( .....lol what can ya do...
I would say the fish ass about 34"-38" if i had to make a quick guess, but the wind began to enter the bay and we were in 5+ footers again, and around 1pm called it...temps were between 53-51 degrees. I will go back when it is warmer next year...lol
Well that was my fun for the week, i have to work all stinkin wknd again...grr take care all..!

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:46 pm

MidandMusky79 - You need to join the chapter so you can post/see reports in our members only forum.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:40 pm

I was just going to post the same thing Will......Get signed up dude
that way you can see whats going on where.... :wink:
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"