Still room for education

Topics concerning muskellunge and fisheries research, diseases, stocking and management.
Steve Horton

Still room for education

Post by Steve Horton » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Still room for education, even in a muskie rich state like Wisconsin. Saw this today on another forum, Lakelink, under Menominee River Marinette county. Instead of bashing the ignoramous like I would have in the past though, I would have offered to help him safely land the fish instead of fighting it to exhaustion in 75 F water. Hope it lived........

Report Date: 8/27/08 2:39 PM CST
USER: twalk1
Level: Registered User Joined: 6/6/2006 Status: Offline

Went out trolling the river last night about 11pm...water was very rough in the river i think there were 2-3 ft waves just by menakaunee there where we were...cought a lil bit of everything........surprise of the night was a high 30 incher low 40 incher muskie.....1st one of the year caught.....never got it inthe boat and wasnt trying to. Our net was to small so we let the muskie sit there and swim around the boat until it got off....no keeper eyes only one about 13 inches....also a couple of bass...nothing to brag about...give it a month and the fishing will pick up...from what i hear the spot for walleyes right now is out by Green Island in about 15 FOW with bright purple reef runners.....tight lines everyone!!!!

[ REPORT ABUSE ] [ Print this message ]